- 13th January 2014
- Posted by: Rosalind Howard
- Category: NL Week, The Blog
1. Sell as your customer likes to buy – let them lead the flow, dictate the pace and be “in charge” (follow their behaviour, not your process). You listen; ask questions that show you are listening. And answer any questions you are asked – directly.
Real recent mystery shopping experience – Me “I am really keen to buy one of your cars, would you run through your range please?”
“Salesman” – “OK” (gets blank sheet of paper out) “What is your annual mileage?”
Bye (not buy!)
2. Show a genuine 100% interest in your customer – no glancing at watches, answering the phone – that person is the single most important person in the world right now. And don’t have preconceived ideas about gender, dress or any appearances.
Real recent mystery shopping experience –
Rosalind “I am interested in that lovely white car you have out in the showroom”
“Salesman” – Looks at me!!! – “OK, shall we go and have a look at it?”
Bye bye (not buy buy!)
3. To create absolute and immediate rapport with a handshake. 1 – Match their grip exactly 2. Let them dictate the personal space (distance from their hand to their shoulder must be the same as yours). 3 – Look directly into their eyes and then 1/10 of a second later – smile (not straight way – it looks false).
Make this a natural habit.
4. Use their name (do not overuse it), use “and” never “but” and let them be “right” as often as possible.
If you really want to boost your sales by using these techniques, and more…
Check out Naked Leader Powerful Customer Rapport Workshop – It will Amaze!
Tell us how you like to be amazed? – Leave you comments below
With my love and best wishes