- 2nd July 2012
- Posted by: Rosalind Howard
- Category: NL Week
Time to Read – Nine Lives
Our lovely cat Mozart (named after a composer – I can’t remember which one) – has taught Rosalind and me four things about leadership:
1. How to live in the moment – for cats, the time is always right now.
2. Who’s really in charge – when I play with him, I always had the suspicion that he is playing with me.
3. That we are judged by what we do, not by what we say. “No more snacks today” we told him, as we fed him more biscuits! We can almost see him thinking “whatever.”
4. How to live every day by seeking forgiveness, not permission.
As I write this, there is one thing I would like to ask his forgiveness for.
Two months ago he was diagnosed with cancer, and last Friday my little friend closed his eyes for the final time, and died in my arms.
Dearest Mozart, I tell everyone that they can achieve anything they want in their lives, and I couldn’t keep that promise to you – I couldn’t make you well again.
And for that I am so very sorry.
Goodbye Mozart, sleep well.
With sad love, and best wishes to you all