Remember Who You Are
Rafiki, master of persuasion:
Watch on full screen – Rafiki
You could write a thesis on this single scene; indeed, some people have done just that…watch out for, amongst other things:
• The amazing body language throughout (by both) (watch a second time in silence!) and love the nod to the psychologist advisers – Rafiki on the rock.
• Getting attention (start and “It’s a secret”)
• Muddling Simba’s brain (“can’t cut it out” and “you’re a baboon and i’m not”)
• Distraction / change of state (singing in ear “squashed banana”)
• Get to the point in Simba’s world / commanding attention (“the question is who are YOU?”)
• The moment of total switch of control from Simba to Rafiki (“you’re Mufasa’s boy – bye”)
• The obstacles we go through to find and be our true selves
• The whole parent / child – father / son thing!
• The full on – “change” “the past” – and the whack that brings everything together for Simba’s decision to go back and reclaim his homeland
• Finally our favourite single question in Naked Leader – “so, what are you going to do?”
With my love and best wishes