- 18th June 2012
- Posted by: Rosalind Howard
- Category: NL Week
Time to Read – How fast you can count to ten?
Returning to Yourself – As these weekly whatevers enter their tenth year, I turn to an often asked question – “What if people spot me using these Naked Leader tools and techniques and I am seen as being manipulative?” – The short answer is to embed them as part of what you do every day.
1. Everything in Naked Leader is aimed at building rapport and trusted relationships with yourself, and with each other.
2. If your ethics are about helping others, you will be fine.
3. Children do this stuff – you did when you were a child – you are simply relearning or remembering what you once knew and did every day, without ever giving it a label.
4. Do not do them all at once!
5. Naked Leader is about returning to yourself – you have been judged by many people in your lifetime – you are “good,’” you are “bad’” – you are “right,” you are “wrong,” – you are this or you are that. I say this and this alone – you are.
6. Have fun with them – they won’t hurt anyone!
7. You will know if what you are doing is “working,” by both the results, and how you feel as you use them – if you feel awkward then you will be awkward and they will not work.
8. What happens if two people know and use the same technique – e.g. handshake? Then you will build rapport, faster.
9. Focus on the outcome you want for yourself, and others.
10. If something does not “work” then do something else (of course).
With my love and best wishes